
Well, we arrive at the Crowne Royal hotel at about 9am to learn that they would be there are more like 9:30am. WOW, we were not prepared for that. So we checked in and hurridly got our luggage up to our room, freshened up a bit and headed right back down stairs to wait for them with Susan. Luckily we had our camcorder and camera easily accessible.
Well after sitting around a bit talking with Susan, she saw them coming. We turned on the camcorder and snapped some pics....



What an unforgetable moment. They brought her in and bam bam bam it all just happened. The lady who brought her told her that we were her mama and baba and then she was handed to me so we could sign paperwork. Well Tian was not all that thrilled with the switch, she cried and stiffened her body, pointed at the lady who brought her - my mother instincts kicked in and we went for distraction. We grabbed a few toys and cheerios while up in the room so we tried cheerios first and that did not work then I pulled out a McDonald's toy (Disney mirror that makes noise), well I have to say that is the best toy MD's has ever made because she was intriged by it. Once she learned how to push the button, which didn't take long at all, she just kept on pushing it. This girl is so smart and is learning very quickly. The orphanage lady told us before she left that Tian is a very smart little girl, we are finding that out quickly.
The day evolved very quickly. Originally we were under the impression that all we were going to have to do today were get our family photo and passport photo take for Tian (Angel). Well we did do that right away and little miss was not digging it. She was not happy when I sat down with her, was fine while standing but they wouldn't take the picture unless we sat so they took it but it's not good. Then it took a little longer to get into a pose that they could take a pic of her with me holding her but not get me in the pic. Task completed though.
She took two 45 minute naps between during our waits in our arms, and has put away a good amount of food. We also discovered she will only drink for a regular cup, no sippy for her, but she sure can chug it down.


Then we learned that we were going to finish the entire adoption paperwork today - oh my! So we went from here to there and there to here and our little girl was a trooper. She warmed up to us pretty quickly and by 2pm today I was able to get a smile and small giggle out of her. And we've seen lots of smiles since. She is more of a baba's little girl than mama but that's ok - he eventually has to go back to work.

She is an absolute precious little girl and so very smart. She is already testing our limits as we speak. She keeps playing with the hotel room phone and I'm pretty sure she knows she's not supposed to from her look on her face. She's already a little stinker. So the day has truely been a great experience, more than I expected from her. See for yourself...
Check out the pic website, blogger isn't functioning properly right now!
P.S - I'm learning right now that she is also already a "ham" I keep taking her picture and she just smiles. I put the camera down and she'll point at it for me to use it again.
8 comments:
I'm so happy she is finally yours! Congratulations! I hope everything goes well as she begins to bond with you. Have a wonderful time!
YEAH!!!
So excited for you.
Love to you all
the Gordon
Happy Gotcha Day! I loved reading all about it and seeing the photos. She is absolutely beautiful and we can't wait to meet her!
Wow how she has grown!!She is just adorable. Congratulations!! It thrills my heart to see her with her forever family. God Bless!!
Another AWAA family here...I remembered today was Gotcha Day for families!! What a beautiful little girl!! She looks so tiny! The next few days will be amazing as you watch her trust you more and more everyday!
wow...she really is a smart one..phones..drinking out of a regular cup, and that one picture of her smiling is so adorable and a bit of a "stinker" in her eh? :) Fun! Such a wonderful day Tracy. Praying this smooth transition continues for you.
Lisa A
Congratulation! Angel is even more beautiful when she's in pictures with her forever family!
I can't believe how much her "mole" looks like MJ's did...long and down her cheek. I showed MJ her picture and she said "baby? mole?" The then patted her face and said "all gone", looked at your baby's face and said "all gone".
Hum...makes me wonder how much they really do understand at such a young age!
Post a Comment