I began a little "Ferberizing" with Angel on Friday night. We know she can sleep through the night since she did it in China, it's just that flip, flop of a day that has her mixed up a bit - among the other changes I'm sure. So on Friday night when she woke up at 1am I held her for a bit and as she began to doze I laid her back in bed. She threw her usual fit, which I expected and then calmed down after a few minutes and I caressed her belly/cheek (even though she kept pushing my hand away, I persisted in letting her know I was there). We cycled through this a few time and after about an hour she was back to sleep and slept till about 7:30am. YAY!
Then last night then she went down at 8:30pm without much of a fight when I put her to bed and slept till 12:30am in which again I went to her when she was fussing. She then sat up and wanted me to pick her up and I told her she needed to lay back down because it was night, night time. So she threw her self down and proceeded with her fit throwing for a few minutes; I began my rubbing her belly and cheek and she settled, putting herself to sleep and slept till 8:30am this morning. Even bigger YAY! So hopefully this is becoming a trend and things keep getting better.
We attended church this morning where she was introduced to the congregation and was greeted by many people who were eager to meet her. She did really well during the service and even began to sing (in her own way) when we were singing. Very cute. She was ready to be done by the end of service but did great overall.
She had afirst visit with the pediatrician on Friday. He was recommended to us from several other families who have adopted from China because he is a Chinese doc who studied in China. We felt he would be best in knowing any special concerns or issues for those of Asian decent. We are very pleased with him as he wasn't rush, rush and really took time to ask and answer questions. Angel again was not a big fan of being weighed, measured and looked over but she didn't throw quite as big of a fit as she did at the China medical review. No major issues raised, we did discover she has a minor heart murmur but nothing to be concerned over. He said we'd keep an eye on it and if need be he'd refer us to a cardiologist but doesn't feel it's necessary at this point. Kailey had one when she was little too, I think they are fairly common occurrences and usually grow out of it. We have to take her back in 2 weeks to get 3 shots and a blood draw. The doc wants her to get a little more comfortable with us before torturing her with all that. That made us happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment