God's Masterpiece

God's Masterpiece
That's what our family is!


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What's next?

I asked Angel's surgeon yesterday, during the post-op overview, so what is the next step? At this point, he wants her to fully heal; therefore, he does not plan to do another surgery till after the new year. There is one exception to this, that is if yesterday's surgery still doesn't allow her to fully open her eyelids.

I pray that once all the swelling goes down she will be able to.

For now we are to massage some of the scars from the last surgery for 30 minutes total, preferably 5 minutes, 6 times a day. I am lacking already today, I've only done it once. This is going to be tough to stick to. Getting her to sit still that long won't be easy either. Better set a timer to do it every 2 hours. Between massaging and potty training we'll have a timer going off here all the time.

2 comments:

Shelene said...

Oh man, that will be tough. I'll be praying that you can get it into your routine and that swelling goes down soon, and that her sweet little eyes will be opening up big and bright before we know it- without any other operations! Thinking of you guys...

Sarah said...

Praying like crazy the swelling goes down and she can get her sweet little peepers open all of the way-very soon!

You are going to be hearing timers in your sleep!