As of Tuesday, the swelling is down in the left eye -enough that you can see her eye but we are unsure as to how much she is using it. After observing her we have noticed that the left eye turns in towards her nose a lot and she continues to favor the right eye. Therefore, she is still turning her head to the side a bit like the right eye is all she is looking from. I took her to visit with the eye doctor today but because her eyes are still a bit swollen she said we should wait to do a full eye exam. If it is a lazy eye she said it's not anything that needs to be addressed immediately. Once the swelling goes down from the surgery she faces in a few week and she can fully open her eye, we will go for a full exam and see what, if anything, needs to be done.
Please continue to pray that this isn't another hurdle she/we will need to face.
3 comments:
If the inside corner of her eye is swollen it will look like the eye turns in even if it doesn't. Also, if the eye is more swollen than the other the swollen part of the eye is visually distracting so you tend to try to rely on the other eye. I had an allergic reaction to something in my eye once where one eye swelled up like a softball - and that was pretty much my experience. So, I'll be praying that's how it is for Angel, too.
Angel looks just beautiful! I can't believe how much of her nevus is gone! We didn't get to 95% until after two whole removals! She is amazing...and obviously has lots of beautiful skin. I'll keep her in my prayers. I would be frustrated if I couldn't see. Thank God for making children more resilient than their parents!
Your daughter is beautiful!!! I found your blog through the Jinan Yahoo group. We just received a referral for a little boy who is 1 from the Jinan SWI. We have some good friends who have a little boy with a Nevus on his back and also got to Dr. B. He just had his first surgery.
Post a Comment