God's Masterpiece

God's Masterpiece
That's what our family is!


Monday, April 06, 2009

It's been a week since my last post...

and that is probably how it will go for now - time sure seems to have gone by fast this past week. Angel has been with us for 3 weeks now, hard to believe that's all the longer it's been.

The kids still adore their new little sister and are having a blast showing her off. They can't seem to wait till I can go back to volunteering on Tuesday mornings at their school and taking her in with me. Should be able to begin that soon, maybe next week.

Angel is adjusting wonderfully, it has gone so much better than we had expected. We have been out and about and met many new people and she's really a "go with the flow" girl. Our days have gone well and she sure is a daddy's girl when he first gets home from work. think he's loving that cause the others are now kinda out of that "daddy's home" stage.

She has been sleeping through the night, with a few exceptions but she usually just wakes up crying or wining a little. When she does I go in and rub her back or cheek a little and she tends to calm down and go right back to sleep. So I don't know if she is dreaming or what but no major interruptions there.

We have been extremely blessed, I haven't had to make a dinner yet since our return from China. We have had a meal delivered to us almost everyday. That has really helped keep things a little less chaotic here as we've adjusted back to the time and new little one in the house. I have felt kinda guilty really because her transition has gone so much smoother than we had expected it to. We have really appreciated the thoughtfulness of all our dear friends. It's back to meal planning for me this week though.

Our bible study group threw Angel a Welcome Home shower last night, she got several new toys - which we were in need of. We really didn't have many toddler toys left in the house. I think Angel won them all over, she was such a "ham" around them, they just "ate her up"! I came across this blog post from one of the ladies in our bible study group who has a son and daughter adopted from Korea (hope you don't mind me sharing this "S"):

"Tonight was another special Sunday evening with our small group. We had a baby shower for baby Angel. Ok people I can not even begin to tell you how stinking cute this little girl is. She is the most precious little peanut you will ever meet. She has this little giggle and then she will bend over and cover her mouth, she is just so precious! She even put her arms up to me and let me hold her and gave me a hug with a double pat on the back. Needless to say she has a special place in my heart. She is just precious!"

So we have had a great week and look forward to another with 2 birthdays to celebrate on Wednesday and a special weekend with family coming to visit!!!. Michiael will turn 10 and Kailey 6 - she is counting down the days. Now if only the weather would warm up and all the snow we got yesterday will disappear, I'd be really happy. Until next post - blessing to you all!

1 comment:

Matt Millard said...

Love the post! Hannah and I were looking at the photos on your photo page and she just giggles and lets out the huge "BABY ANGEL!" Angel will be 15 and Hannah will still be calling her "Baby Angel". Needless to say we simply adore sweet Angel!