God's Masterpiece

God's Masterpiece
That's what our family is!


Sunday, September 20, 2009

All drains are gone, eyes still too swollen

We were able to get Angel's final drain pulled yesterday, after quite a struggle with her. This one seemed to be discomforting to her when messed with. It was located behind her left ear so was a little difficult to get to as well. With Daddy holding her as tight as he could and big Brother holding the flash light, I did my best to be quick in finding the stitch and getting it clipped. I was so afraid I was going to snip skin with her moving so much but we managed to just get the stitch - wow that had my nerves in an uproar. We are now done with the sock hat now, YAY!
She was also able to take her first bath last night since Sunday and can you say yuck. She had so much dried blood in her hair and on her scalp - I still don't think I got it all out. She enjoyed playing in the water a bit though.

The swelling in her eyes is still too much for her to open then yet. We have tried applying ice packs but she won't do it while she is awake so we have been doing it the last day or so once she is asleep for about 10 minutes. It seems to help but the swelling returns and it hasn't been enough help for her to be able to open her eyes.

Despite it all, she is coping amazingly well. She has gotten brave enough that she is now walking around the house a bit on her own. She has learned to walk slow and put her hands out to feel for familiar things to guide her - she is very determined that this will not hold her back. Her strength and continued happiness during all this is mind blowing - I would be so frustrated by now. Not saying she doesn't get frustrated at times but its just for a bit that she will be fuss out of boredom and then she moves on.

Angel is still sleeping great at night. She has been sleeping with me since we've returned from Chicago and if she wakes at night she will feel for me before getting agitated. If she feels me then she just goes back to sleep, it's very cute. It's going on a week now of us sleeping together, hope she doesn't get too used to it, I think Daddy would like his spot back at some point in time.

4-Days after surgery

5-Days after surgery
Don't you love the outfit and hair!




Not sure if you can tell on this picture or not but she does have a pointed pucker on her forehead at the top of the incision - I'm guessing they will have to redo this area at some point.


Today! 6-Days post surgery


We serve an amazing GOD!

4 comments:

Doreen said...

Wow, what a change in a few days. Not sure if it has chemicals in it that would be a not such good thing but I wonder if she would tolerate that cold gel stuff that athletes use instead of ice. Just a suggestion, not sure if it is a good one or not.

Matt Millard said...

Angel looks simply amazing! She is such a precious amazing little girl-with a spirit that is out of this world! We can't wait to see her again on Wednesday.

Shelene said...

She truly is an angel! It was awesome to see her sweet face tonight - I can't get over her strength and positive attitude (and that goes for you too, super mama!) God is so good!

Anonymous said...

One amazing little girl you have. Thanks for sharing her courage and strength.

And yes,We have an amazing God!
Beth
AWAA mom home w 2