Kid's Halloween costumes - Angel - duck, Kailey - Sharpey (High School Musical), Michiael - Indiana Jones & Logan - Mut (Indiana Jone's Son)
Quack, quack

This is how fully she can open her eyes now. The right is pretty much back to normal, the left still needs a little work. She will likely need a little more skin removed from the eye & nose juncture.Update from the doc this week is that we need to massage more, concentrating on the area to the left of her nose where it has built up a bit. The right side seems to be healing well but the left side by her nose and an area near her chin both have a ridge to them. Therefore, we must massage more often throughout the day - Angel is not a fan of it at all. We are trying to do our best to do 6 sessions of about 5 minutes each. I have alarms set on my cell phone and Outlook calendar to help remind me. We are massaging about every other hour during the day. Between that and trying to potty train, I feel like we don't get a whole lot else done.
I also asked the doc what procedures he foresees for next year because we are getting ready to reinstate our health insurance and what to be sure to be prepared for what is to come. He is going to put together an outline of the procedures he expects will need to be done and send it to us. Some will depend on the scaring. I'm eager to see what we face in the coming year. I knew we would face several surgeries, guess I didn't realize that there was the possibility of all the "little" procedure that would need to be done to get things "just right". It's all for the best, just hard put her through so many. Thankfully she is such a trooper!
2 comments:
I cannot get over how well she is doing!! She looks so very happy. Isn't it amazing how much they change?? Good luck with the massage and POTTY-TRAINING.
Much love from the Wallaces
Your family looks awesome in their costumes! What fun...glad to hear all are doing well. Do you use any type of cream when you rub the scars? Just thinking it might be more comfortable for Angel if you ues a little lotion or massage oil or something? Don't know...just a thought! Barb
Post a Comment