God's Masterpiece

God's Masterpiece
That's what our family is!


Monday, June 08, 2009

Surgery in 2 weeks...

My it has been a while since I have blogged. Life has been very busy with end of school concerts, baseball, softball, and oh yeah, Mono. Somewhere along the way we picked up Mono and evidently have passed it around. I don't recommend it, especially as an adult, that's for sure. At this point I'm glad the kids have it now when it lasts several days rather than when they are older and the symptoms last 2-4 weeks.

School is out and we are working on getting into a new routine. That was a bit difficult to do last week because I am Committee Chair for our local Relay For Life event that took place this past Saturday and was finalizing details. With that behind us, hopefully we can get into a routine.

Anyway, from the title you see we finally have confirmation that Angel will be going in for her first tissue expansion surgery on Monday, June 22nd in Chicago. Therefore, we will be heading to Chicago mid-next week to receive our injection training from the nurses and to meet with Dr. Bauer on the 18th. We are going to enjoy the trip a little and take all the kids to a museum or something on Friday morning before we head to Indiana for the weekend so our family can finally meet Angel. Jason and I will return to Chicago on Sunday evening for Angel's surgery on Monday. Jason's dad will then bring the kids to Chicago on Monday after surgery. Angel will be spending one night there and we will get to return home on Tuesday the 23rd. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers during this time. I pray she is fully over her mono symptoms by then and we don't have to delay this process.

Blessings!

No comments: